Top Ten Reasons to Visit Puerto Banus
It’s got it all and close to home!
Puerto Banus has quickly developed into a popular tourist destination. A close flight away from London (only 2.5 hours), this luxurious marina has become known as one of the best party towns in Europe. Built in 1970 by José Banus, the port receives around 5 million visitors a year, mainly from Northern Europe, Kuwait and Saudi Arabia. The impressive harbor has 915 berths and can hold boats that range from 8m to 50m. With an extensive variety of hotels, bars, restaurants and shops to choose from; Puerto Banus offers unlimited entertainment. Here are our top ten things to do in Puerto Banus.
- Party, Party, Party – There are plenty of bars, nightclubs and beach clubs to choose from that offer a wide range of music and style options. With so many alternatives, it can be hard to settle for one place.
- Luxury Car Hire – Bentley, Ferrari, Lamborghini…if you visit Puerto Banus you are sure to spot any of these cars…even better, you can actually rent one for the day!
- Casino Marbella – Located a short walk away from Puerto Banus, the casino is open till late every day. Whether you enjoy watching experienced players bet their money or you like placing a few bets yourself, the casino is a great place to spend the evening.
- Golf – Costa del Sol, also known as Costa del Golf, is home to some of the best golf courses in the world. Its sunny climate makes it an ideal destination for avid golfers.
- Polo – The Santa Maria Polo Club is located a short drive away from Marbella, in Sotogrande. Enjoy watching some of the best polo players practice this great sport in one of the most prestigious clubs in the world.
- Boat trips – Another great way to enjoy the marina is to hire a boat for the day. Explore Marbella’s coast and beaches in style. You can take your private chef on the boat for a complete experience or get a lunch hamper specially made for the day.
- Ascari Race Resort – If you like fast cars, this is the place for you! The nearby Ascari Race Resort gives you the opportunity to drive a Formula 1 car in a racing circuit. Why not give it a try?
- Shopping – Elegance, exclusivity, glamour…all can be found in Puerto Banus. From the most important designers such as Dolce & Gabbana, Gucci, Louis Vuitton to the variety found in Corte Ingles, Zara and Mango you are sure to find what you are looking for here!
- Spa Day – Can you think of a better way to get pampered than to relax in one of the many luxury spas located in the area? Enjoy a special treatment, have a massage on the beach or unwind in the Jacuzzi with your friends. What a great way to spend the day!
- Beach – Let’s not forget the best reason why people flock to the area. Banus’ warm climate and sandy beaches are the perfect place to get a sun tan or to spot the hottest celebrities visiting the town.
Puerto Banus’ great climate, extensive choice of activities and entertainment are sure to make your stay unforgettable.
Please let us know if this post has been helpful.
Planning A Stag or Hen Party? Click Here