Healthy Tips when Eating at Restaurants
How to be healthier when dining out.
People on a diet or trying to eat healthily usually avoid going out to restaurants because they are afraid they will be tempted to break their diet. However, this is not necessarily always the case. Follow these healthy tips next time you dine out:
• Drink water instead of sugar based drinks. Order wine or beer instead of a cocktail unless it has no added sugars or juices.
• Stay away from the bread basket. However, if you must, replace the butter with olive oil.
• Order a healthy starter such as a clear soup or salad.
• Avoid fried foods.
• Keep away from cheese and creamed or butter based sauces.
• Order dishes that have lots of veggies.
• Order dishes with no sauce. If you are ordering a salad order dressing on the side so you can control how much dressing the salad has.
• Ask for healthy substitutions such as salad or veggies instead of fries.
• Order meats that are roasted, grilled, broiled, steamed or baked. Avoid panfried, sautéed, battered, breaded or gratin and that come with sauces.
• If you have any doubts, do not hesitate to ask your server how a dish is prepared.
• Pass on dessert and instead order a coffee or tea. However, if you must have dessert, ask for fresh fruit, a sorbet, or share one with your dining partner.
If you are trying to lead a healthier lifestyle please do not hesitate in contacting Bravura Chefs. We can help you design a personalized meal plan that will fit your goals and everyday life.